In this document you will find the details related to SAP Security, Back and Disaster Recovery Policy in SAP Business ByDesign system.
SAP Business ByDesign
The backup services for SAP Business ByDesign provide regular data and archive log backups. The backups are stored in offsite disk and commercially reasonable efforts to restore productive tenants from backups as soon as practicable in case of a disaster resulting in loss of the production data center. The backup services are included in the subscription and provide the following:
|Backup service||Nonproductive systems||Productive system|
|Service Description||Standard Support – restore from disk||Standard Support – restore from disk|
|Replication to remote datacenter||Yes||Yes|
|Data Backup Cycle||14 days||14 days|
|Recovery option||Point in time||Point in time|
|Cost||Included in the subscription||Included in the subscription|
- Restoration is not a service available on request for customers. It is only available in an emergency situation to mitigate risks from logical errors such as data corruption and other irreparable situations. We recommend that customers request for tenant restore points before important events like data migration, change projects etc., so that a reset to a last good state can be made available quickly.
- Backup is performed with the following frequency:
- Every day database backup (Monday-Sunday); twice per week with interval of 3 days we take full backup, on other days of the week, we take a differential backup.
- Backup will be retained for 2 weeks in the primary datacenter and for another 2 weeks in the remote datacenter.
- Log file backup every 30 minutes
- SAP performs daily backup replication to a remote datacenter within the same region.
- These data backups can be restored in the primary datacenter.
- Appropriate processes and automated tools are in place to validate backup integrity, and backup logs are reviewed daily to detect and correct backup failures.
- Backup cycles of the productive and non-productive systems are stored for 28 and 14 days respectively.
- We are able to restore data to any point in time within the backup cycle.
- What is the backup scheduled for SAP ByDesign ?
Ans: SAP takes daily snapshot and weekly once full data backup. In every 15 days logs backup is taken. Also on customer request we create restore point and can be rolled back to the restore point when required.
The roll back option is only * for 14 days from the day of restore point creation. After 14 days the restore point will be automatically deleted.
- What are other ways can customer request for the Backup of their individual systems?
Ans: Customer can use the Service operations request which is available for the customer called, Restore Point. you can find more details on the below KBA's.
2315326 - How to Request a Restore Point
2653007 - How to Terminate Restore Point?
Blog: SAP Business ByDesign Backup
Help Portal Document: Security Guide for SAP Business ByDesign
Further for the SOC1 Reports and Log files you can refer the KBA: 2681625 - How to Get SOC1, SOC2 or ISO 27001 Reports for Audits
SAP Trust Center Links realted to Security, Data Protection & Data Centers.
Backup, Data Center, Data Protection, My Trust Center, Cloud Operations, Disaster Recovery Management. , KBA , backup, data center , disaster recovery management , restore point , SRD-CC-CI-CCS , ByD Service Control Center , How To