The Third party Inter Company Process within Business ByDesign allows the setup of a sales process, where a company can sell products of another company (Partner Company).
This scenario includes both companies sales process, the purchase process between both companies, and the delivery and invoicing for both companies.
The complete process looks as follows:
- Company A: Seller
- Company B: Vendor
- Buyer: Customer and Product Recipient
- Company A creates a Sales Order with the Buyer, selecting Company B as the Source of Supply.
- This will trigger a Purchase Request from Company A to Company B.
- The Purchase Order will automatically create a Sales Order for company B.
- The Outbound Delivery from Company B will create a Third Party Delivery Notification.
- The Customer Invoice from Company B will automatically create a Supplier Invoice for Company A.
However, you encounter a following error when carrying out the above highlighted business process, that is, when releasing Third Party Delivery Notification, or creating a Third Party Delivery Notification manually based on the Third Party Purchase Order.
"Serial Number XXX for Product YYY Cannot be Issued".
SAP Business ByDeisgn
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Third-Party Order Fulfillment work Center.
- Go to Third-Party Purchase Orders View.
- Search for DEF.
- Click New Third-party Delivery Notification.
- Enter mandatory fields like Delivery Notification ID.
- Fulfill the Serial Number as XXX for Product YYY.
- Click Release, then the error occurs.
You have not scoped Entitlement management or its follow-up question in Business Configuration.
Please follow the steps below to scope Entitlement management and its follow-up question.
- Navigate to Business Configuration Work Center.
- Go to Implementation Projects View.
- Select the relevant Implementation Project and choose Edit Project Scope button.
- Navigate to the third step Scoping.
- Under the element Service.
- Select the option Entitlement Management by marking the checkbox against it.
- Choose Next.
- Under the element Service expand Entitlement Management.
- Select the option Registered Products, then scope the question "Do you want the solution to automatically record registered products sold during the outbound delivery process?" in the right.
- Choose Next, review and confirm the Implementation Project.
After that, please follow the steps below to maintain owner information for the Serial Number XXX of Product YYY.
- Navigate to Service Entitlements Work Center.
- Go to Registered Products View.
- Search for the Serial Number XXX of Product YYY.
- Select and Edit it.
- Go to Involved Parties Tab.
- Choose Add Row.
- Fulfill the owner as Company A.
- Choose Save and Close.
Once you have done that, the mentioned error will not appear any more.
2852086 - Third Party Inter Company Scenario
Serial Number; Issued; Third-party Delivery Notification; Entitlement Management. , KBA , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , Problem