When you create a Down Payment Request you try to add a Tax Code but in the list you cannot see the desirable tax code.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to New Down Payment Request Common Tasks.
- Enter a Supplier and Buying Company.
- Enter a product.
See that in the Tax Code field the desired tax is not an option.
The desired tax code has the Tax Deductibility as Not Deductible and as per standard SAP ByDesign behavior non-deductible and partial deductible tax codes are not allowed in the Down Payment.
Change the deductibility of this tax code or select another Tax Code.
In order to check the deductibility of the Tax Code please follow the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search for Tax on Goods and Services and open it.
- Select Define Tax Code.
- Find the relevant Tax Code.
- Scroll down and see the Details.
- Check the column Tax Deductibility.
Down Payment, Down Payment Request, Tax Code, Tax Deductibility, Define Tax Code , KBA , AP-TTE-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To