You noticed that for Expense Report XYZ Preview, the Mileage distance in Reimbursement Details has been divided into two entries. (XYZ stands for the Expense Report ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Travel and Expenses work center.
- Open Expense Reports view.
- Search and open Expense Report XYZ.
- Click on View All.
- In General tab, click on Show More Mileage Information.
Here you have checked that the selection regarding Distance, Country/Region, Province, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type is set as intended.
- In the Review tab, you can see the Mileage Reimbursements amount and the Total Distance. By dividing it you notice that the Mileage Rate is different than expected.
- Click on Preview, Reimbursement Details.
You notice that the Mileage distance has been divided into two entries.
Two or more Mileage Rates have been set for this specific Vehicle Type with different Miles/Km Limit in each Period. When the Miles/Km Limit is reached in the current Period, the system applies the next Mileage Rate available in this Expense Report.
To verify this settings:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for Mileage Rates - <country> and click on Change Immediately.
- Click on Edit mileage reimbursement rates.
For Vehicle Type AAA there are more than one entry, with different Miles/Km Limit and Reimbursement Rates; (AAA stands for the Vehicle Type);
In the Reimbursement Details, if you sum the Mileage distance to the Mileage Basis for Settlement you will get a greater amount than the Miles/Km Limit set in the Business Configuration. The remainder Mileage amount will be calculated according to the next Miles/Km Limit Reimbursement Rate.
This is an expected system behavior. Since in this Expense Report the Miles/Km Limit has been reached, the Report creates two separate Mileage amounts, one for each Mileage Rate.
Expense Report. Mileage. Reimbursement. , KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To