You have created a story in Cloud for Customer embedded SAC and you have selected a specific access context.
However when opening the story, you notice that the data is not restricted.
SAP Cloud for Customer, embedded SAC
The data is only restricted in the following circumstances:
- When the story is opened from the Analysis work center. In Business Analytics, the data is always unrestricted.
- When the required access restrictions have been maintained on a user level.
The access context is based on the data source that is used in a story. You can check the access context in the Design Data Sources work center view.
Some data sources support several access contexts - in this case you can choose which access context should apply while you are in the query designer:
- Go to Business Analytics > Design Stories.
- Click New.
- Select a data source.
- On the top of the screen, in the "Data" section, click the Filter icon > Filter +
- Click Access Contexts.
- Choose the access context from the drop-down.
The user in question needs to have an access restriction maintained on every work center view which has the same access context as the data source.
So for example: the data source is "Account Details" and the access context is 1015 - Employee, Territory, Account, Sales Data.
- Go to the Administrator work center > Business Users.
- Select your user and edit their access rights.
- Go to the tab "Access Restrictions".
- You can put a filter on the column "Access Context". The filter should be 1015* in our example.
- All the work center views with this access context (assigned to this user) need to have read and write restrictions.
I may happen that the story has a specific access context but the user is not assigned to any work center with that access context. In that case, no restriction can be maintained and the story will be unrestricted for that user.
story, stories, access context, data restriction, business analytics, embedded SAC , KBA , access restriction , AP-RC-ANA-SAC , C4C, ByD: SAC Integration , How To