You have a Sales Order, but the system is continuously generating Stock Transfer Demands at your two Sites when you execute Multi-Level Planning Run for a particular Product.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Find the relevant Product and Planning Area combination and select same.
- Click Open to open the Product Planning Details.
- You can see that there are thousands of secondary Demands in the form of Stock Transfer Demand.
- Also when you check the Source of the Stock Transfer Proposals, you can see that the system has equally created secondary demands with the source being the current Planning Area.
- Further, there is just a single Sales Order.
- Now when you check the Planning Run, you can see the Proposals have been created for both Planning Areas through the Run.
- You therefore want to understand why the system is creating the Stock Transfer Proposals at these two Planning Areas.
We have checked the issue and below are our observations:
- We can see that the problem for the mentioned product arises from the system design.
- For the affected Product, Demand is generated from the Sales Order at Site A (A represents the Site ID). However, if you check the Transport Lane for Site A, the requirement for the site is fulfilled from Site B (B represents Site ID). And on the other hand, the Demand in Site B is fulfilled from Site A.
- Further, you have maintained the procurement type as internal procurement in the Material Master of the Product for the two Sites and therefore there is no real source of supply for this product. Consequently, this has formed a recursion and whenever you trigger multi-level planning run, the system is continuously generating demand and supply for the same product in both the sites.
As a resolution for this scenario, we recommend you provide the point of source from which the product will have the stock into the system and the same can be utilized whenever there is a demand. This means one of internal procurement must be removed from one of the Site. Depending on your master data, you can maintain In-House Production or External Procurement.
We recommend you delete the generated stock transfer proposals. Once you have deleted the Stock Transfer Proposals, please kindly resolve the recursive cycle for these two sites and try to execute the multi-level planning Run thereafter. This should produce the desired result.
Stock Transfer Proposal, Stock Transfer Demand, Planning Run, Multi-level, Multi BOM level , KBA , AP-SDM-MRP , Material Requirements Planning , AP-SDM-SPR , Supply Planning Requirement , Problem