Following error occurs when you releasing Production Order.
"Releasing the production order failed".
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Production Control Work Center.
- Open New Production Order Task in Common Task tab.
- Input the corresponding values.
- Choose Release, then the error occurs.
Prerequisite: The Business Configuration “Default Production Order Release Strategy” is set to automatic.
When clicking the release button, the following occurs,
- Save is executed for Production Order. Due to the release strategy being automatic, this then releases the Production Order.
- Then the system tries to release the PO a second time.
As the Production Order was already released, you get the error message.
Our development team will fix this issue in a future release.
You can ignore this error message for now or choose Save instead of Release during new production order.
Release; Production Order; Failed; Default Production Order Release Strategy. , KBA , AP-PE-ORD , Production Order , Problem