Even though the Valuation Variant was correctly configured for the Costing Variant used, when creating Cost Estimate the Valuation Strategy taken is not the same as the one from SSCUI / Configuration Activity "Define Valuation Variant".
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Access Manage Your Solution / CBC and go to SSCUI/Configuration Activity "Define Costing Variant";
- Select the Costing Variant and go to the needed Valuation Variant;
- Check the Strategies used;
- Go to "Create Material Cost Estimates" and fill the parameters;
- Go to the tab Valuation and it's not the same as configured.
"Define Valuation Variants" doesn't have the maximum priority for Cost Estimate.
When a cost estimate is created for a material in a plant, you also have to check the SSCUI/Configuration Activity "Define Valuation Variants per Plant". This one has a higher priority then "Define Valuation Variants", so you should configure the needed strategies in this one to be taken in Cost Estimate.
Costing Variants, Valuation Variants, Cost Estimate, Valuation Variants per Plant , KBA , CO-PC-PCP , Product Cost Planning , Problem