You created an extension field XYZ and activated the extension scenario from document A to document B.
When creating a new document B, you see the extension value is successfully picked from document A.
However, when you removing document A from the document B, you see the extension field value is not automatically cleared as you expected.
SAP Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
Take extension scenario "Purchasing Contract - General Information to Purchase Order - General Information" for example.
- In Purchasing Contract, General tab, create an extension field XYZ, activate extension scenario "Purchasing Contract - General Information to Purchase Order - General Information", and add the extension field to Purchase Order, General tab.
- Maintain the extension field for purchasing contract ABC
- Create a new purchase order, maintain mandatory fields
- In purchase order Items tab, Source of Supply subtab, maintain contract ABC, you see the purchase order extension field value is successfully picked from Contract ABC
- Remove contract ABC from Source of Supply, leave the contract field as blank, you see the purchase order extension field remains the value from contract ABC
You expect the extension field value should be automatically cleared when contract ABC is removed.
This is the standard system behavior. It's not only happening for purchasing contract to purchase order, but also other extension scenarios like supplier master data to supplier invoice, etc.
Until a new source document A (contract) be maintained in document B (purchase order), the extension field value will not be refreshed.
Please manually clear the extension field value, or maintain a new source document A in document B.
Extension Field, Value Not Clear, Value Not Refresh, Extension Scenario , KBA , AP-POP , Purchase Order Processing , BC-DWB-REP-EXT , Extensibility , How To