- Parent - Child MDF portlet throwing application ERROR when saving data under Manage data
- Error thrown on the frontend: Please try again later, or notify support with the error information of errorID=96cae4b6-18b8-4fd9-bc06-02ef769880ba
- Error thrown on application logs: Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.BatchUpdateExceptionSapDB: SAP DBTech JDBC: : cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: Not nullable "EXTERNAL_CODE_UPPER" column(input position -1)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a parent object under Admin Center > Configure object definitions
- Create a child object
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Data > Try to click save
- --> Error is thrown on the frontend and on application logs
- Upon viewing the configurations, we observed that for the child object 'cust_XXXXX', the externalCode field is marked as Not visible and not required.
- the externalCode field should be a required field.
- Consider marking the externalCode field as datatype 'autoNumber' and then you can set the visibility as 'Not Visible'.
- Other alternative is to use any unique field at composite level as externalCode field. This would ensure a value is assigned to the externalCode.
sf, sfsf , sf sf, SuccessFactors, SuccessFactor, Success, Factor, bizx, INC2658652, externalCode, visible, required, not visible, child, parent MDF, object definition, manage data, 96cae4b6-18b8-4fd9-bc06-02ef769880ba, Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.BatchUpdateExceptionSapDB: SAP DBTech JDBC: : cannot insert NULL or update to NULL: Not nullable "EXTERNAL_CODE_UPPER" column(input position -1)
, KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , Problem