You try to clear open items in General Ledger Accounts View. However, the button 'Clear' is disabled after selecting multiple open line items for one G/L account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Go to General Ledger Accounts View.
- Open advanced search.
- Enter company AAA, set of books BBBB, G/L account XXXXXXXX(AAA is the company ID, BBBB is the set of book ID, XXXXXXXX is the G/L account).
- Click go.
- Click Edit -> Open Items on Selected Account.
- In the newly open page, select open items and show all results.
- Select the open items with Open Item Reference IDs HH and II, then you see the button 'Clear' is disabled(HH and II are the IDs of the open items references).
Clearing happens in the context of open item reference assigned to line items. You select open items which belong to different open item references then clearing is not possible and hence the button grays out(disabled).
This is how the system is designed. As long as open items belong to same open item reference and eventually will balance to zero clearing can happen and hence buttons are enabled.
general ledger account; open items on selected account; clear; disabled; gray out; open item reference. , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To