A purchase request is in status Sourcing Request Created, you don't know how to create follow up purchase order for it.
SAP Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Go to Purchase Requests view
- Select purchase request ABC, which Follow on Status is Sourcing Request Created
- The New Purchase Order button is grayed out
You don't know how to create follow up purchase order for it.
Once you activate souring process for a purchase request, you need to complete the sourcing process first then create purchase order.
A. If you don't need sourcing process anymore, please follow below steps.
- Go to document flow of the purchase request, find the follow-up sourcing request and request for quotation (RFQ)
- Open and cancel the RFQ
- Go to Sourcing and Contracting - Sourcing Requests, cancel the sourcing request
Then the New Purchase Order button would be available for the purchase request.
B. If you want to continue the sourcing process, please follow below steps.
- Go to document flow of the purchase request, find the follow-up sourcing request and RFQ
- Maintain supplier quote for the RFQ
- Award one of the supplier quote, a purchase order would be automatically generated
Cannot Create Purchase Order, Purchase Request, Sourcing Request Created, , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To