When running the material cost estimate, the valuation method for one costed object is the purchase list price. If there are multiple available list prices, how does the system choose?
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Product Portfolio work center.
- Go to List Prices view.
- Search AA(AA represents the costed object/product ID).
- You can see multiple valid list prices. For example:
Supplier Name CC, Product ID AA, Company ID BB, Price 52.00 LC, Price Unit 1 pcs, Valid From DD.MM.YYYY, Valid To Unlimited
Supplier Name DD, Product ID AA, Company ID BB, Price 50.00 LC, Price Unit 1 pcs, Valid From DD.MM.YYYY, Valid To Unlimited
CC and DD represents the name of the Supplier.
BB represents the ID of the Company.
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Material Cost Estimates view.
- Open the material cost estimate in question.
- Find the costed object AAA.
- You can see the Valuation Method is Purchase List Price, and the Cost Estimate is 50.00 LC / 1 pcs. You want to know how the system chooses.
The cost selected from the purchase list prices will be the lowest available value. Therefore, in the example above, the system selects 50.00 LC / 1 pcs.
Note: As per current logic, currency conversion is not in place, hence system is sorting the value irrespective of currency. We will take this as backlog and will try to fix this in future release.
Material cost estimate, purchase list price, list price , KBA , AP-SOU , Sourcing , Problem