When a user attempts to generate a Certificate from their Learning History an error is generated. Currently there are two known forms this error takes:
1. 'Failed to load PDF document' error
2. More generic error:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
The image used in the certificate is referenced by a URL within in the HTML code of custom certificate.
To change this the admin needs to update the certificate in the Certificate of Completion Templates section.
After further analysis of the defect by Engineering, it was noted that images would have to be uploaded and used as a tag within the custom certificate. Direct use of external images with https URLs was never a recommended option.
The image should be uploaded and used as a tag in a customized certificate template instead of using direct external image URLs.
- Save the background image to be used to your desktop
- Remove the reference to the url which hosts the image from the HTML of the certificate
example: background-image: url(https://<custom_url>/images/logo_image.png?);
- Upload the image to be used in the certificate template using the 'Add Image' functionality
- Once uploaded, this will create a new tag for the image which you can then use within your custom certificate
example: background-image: <LOGO_IMAGE/>;
NOTE: There currently is an enhancement in progress to prevent admins from using external images in the template at the time of saving the template on UI.
custom certificate, Failed to load PDF document, application error, cannot be cast to class, java.base of loader 'bootstrap' , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem