In a cross table, attribute 'Month' of date dimension is not ordered by actual month order like Jan, Feb, Mar, and etc. But in alphabetical order as Apr, Aug, Dec, and etc.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2022.21.7 (SAC)
Reproducing the Issue
1. Create a cross table in story.
2. Add the attribute Month of Date dimension as a dimension to the cross table.
3. See the default sorting of Month is in alphabetical order.
Other than the Date dimension itself, for the attribute of Date dimension, system will treat it as normal strings, then sorting is in alphabetical order.
Add Custom Order to dimension Month and rearrange members as expected.
- Detailed steps can be found in the help guide link Changing Member Order
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, table, design, sorting, dimension, attribute, date, alphabet , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem