- The SID database becomes unavailable
- ASE error log contains message
A transaction in database 'SID' (spid=123) has hit a fatal error during rollback. ASE will try to reboot and recover the database.
The XREC_BEGINXACT of this failing transaction is (139857967, 1).
- After that, the database is in read-only state : Attempt to BEGIN TRANSACTION in database 'database Name' failed because database is READ ONLY.
- The application stops working and this message can be seen the ASE error log (repeatedly):
Database <SID> with dbid 4 is already shut down.h dbid 4 is already shut down.
The same message is reported for queries executed in isql, for example running sp_helpdb:
Msg 7408, Level 16, State 1:
Server '<SID>', Procedure 'sp_helpdb', Line 1148:
Could not find a dbtable for database 4.
Database <SID> with dbid 4 is already shut down.
- Around the time of the ASE message, there are some or many ST22 dumps showing error 716
Runtime Errors DBSQL_SQL_ERROR
SQL error "SQL code: 716" occurred while accessing table "tab_name".
Database error text: "SQL message: [ASE Error SQL716]Unable to allocate memory of size 16384 bytes from the 'compression info' pool."
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) when using
- Business Suite (Netweaver) ERP application
error 716 , compression , msg 716 , message 716 , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.