- An ASE server will not start or
- An ASE database cannot recover during restart
- Due to locked device which shows as a timeslice with lockf and basis_dlock in the stack trace
- A typical example of ASE log entries shows:
Activating disk 'sysprocsdev' of size 200704 KB.
Direct i/o enabled for nfs file '/sybase/devices/ASE/sysprocs.dat'
timeslice -501, current process infected at ffff80ffbf12ef2b (_syscall6+0x1b) with a stack trace containing ASE code funtions
- The device reported in the error sequence can be any system (master, sybsystem etc.) device or any user device.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
_syscall6 , syscall6 , NFS storage , NFS lock , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.