After migrating the project, you notice that the end date in project migration template does not match the end date in the system. You find the end dates deviate by one day.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Open project ABC (ABC represents the project ID).
- Go to Project Plan and task ID ABC-1.
- Navigate to Work tab - Click on "Edit period plan" button.
- Check Period Plan for Work Package DEF (DEF represents the work package ID).
- The end date is one day ahead of the date you enter in migration template.
This is one of the many drawbacks the project migration template has.You can find the description of the drawback also in the column description for the end date.
You will have to double click on the bottom line to get it extended. It will show following text:
The specified end date does not include the last day in the time frame Start Date to End Date. It will be interpreted as one day before the End Date. Add one day to the End Date to compensate the last day deducted.
Type: Date and Time"
User will have to add one day to the end date in migration template, to have the right result in the system.
Project, Migration, Template, End date, Work package, Project work, Wrong end date , KBA , SRD-PRO-PMN , Project Management , Problem