- Unable to insert NO_MANAGER in Personal Information in People Profile;
- Error "Invalid Manager ID. Please try again" when trying to save the NO_MANAGER in the People Profile.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the user profile that you want to change the manager to NO_MANAGER;
- Go to "Personal Information";
- Clean the manager field;
- Try to update to NO_MANAGER;
- The system answers with the error "Invalid Manager ID. Please try again".
This is an expected behavior.
The system accept NO_MANAGER just in the UDF (User Data File), not in the UI.
If you want to keep the user/employee without a leader or a manager, you need just keep the field without any information and save it.
Note: When you are filling in the UDF, you need to select a Manager’s USERID or NO_MANAGER for the user/employee. Don't leave this field empty. Otherwise, the user isn’t able to log in to the system.
The UI is different: you need to keep the field empty when you don't want to fulfill the manager information for someone that shouldn't have a manager.
NO_MANAGER , UI , People Profile , Profile , manager , leader , error , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem