When the users have the permission to view the history of Job Relationships and do not have the "Future Dated Transaction Alert" permission for this element, they are still able to see future records while opening the portlet. The behavior is different for other effective-dated portlets, like Job and Personal Information.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- In the permission role, grant the permission to view the history of Job Relationships in "Employee Central Effective Dated Entities" and do not grant the permission to see Future Dated Transaction Alert for Job Relationships in "Employee Data"
- Go to the profile of a user with future records in the Job Relationships portlet
- See that no link with future changes is displayed as "A Job Relationships change will take effect on..."
- Click on the button to open the history
- You can see the future change.
The same behavior is not applicable for other portlets, where it is not possible to see the future dated records.
This is a known limitation for the Job Relationships portlet.
Engineering team is planning the fix for this limitation. This KBA will be updated once this fix is provided.
As a workaround, remove the permission to view the history of Job Relationships portlet for the users who shouldn't see the future changes. This will also stop them from seeing the past changes.
ECT-142133, job relationships, Future Dated Transaction Alert, history, future transactions, effective date, permissions , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-JRL , Job Relationships , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , Problem