- Selecting user login information from the SYS.SYSUSER system view for user IDs that have passwords that are not NULL, the representation of the password is now returned as a 3 byte length character string of '***' and displayed as 0x2a2a2a .
- This display change is now seen as of SAP IQ version 16.1 onwards. For systems upgraded from releases prior to IQ 16.1, the display change is only seen once an ALTER DATABSE UPGRADE is run.
- This can present a problem for customers who have operational requirements to first extract user information from a development or test system prior to refreshing these databases with a restore from a production backup. Post restore the original development/test login credentials could then be reinstated.
- The same problem can present itself for any customer wishing to copy a Login from one SAP IQ or SAP HDLRE instance to another.
- SAP IQ version 16.1 upwards on any platform
sybase, upgrade , 161, fail, user_id, login, login_id, regression, restore, refresh, logon, security, permission, hash, hexadecimal, hex, Hana, DL, Datalake, 'data lake', HDLRE, iqunload, utility, instance , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.