How to execute the BOT for a ByD tenant where BPA is not scoped?
The scenario is as follows,
You have a multiple tenants under your customer account and you have activated BPA in one of the tenant and wants to know, how to execute a bot in a tenant where BPA is not scoped
SAP Business bydesign
In principle, there is one BPA subscription is per customer account. Refer to the documentation Additional Licensing Implications
Steps / Sequence is as follows,
Below steps to be followed in the tenant where BPA is not scoped
Setup Communication Arrangement:
- Create a Communication Scenario using the Web Services relevant for the BOT. Refer to the BOT documentation in the Store
- Create a Communication Arrangement for the Communication Scenario
- Ensure that you have provided the Credentials in the Communication Arrangement which will be used in the later steps
As per the documentation How to Set Up Windows Generic Credentials, Create the Windows credentials and use the credentials which you setup using above steps
Note: You maintain multiple windows credentials and one per ByD Tenant.
Configuration in BPA Factory:
- Create a separate Environment for this tenant in the factory
- In the Trigger, Under Input Parameter
- Enter the bydcredentialEntryName = <User ID from Communication Arrangement> . Note: The communication arrangement user id and password you need to maintain in windows credential and that window credential you need to place in bydcredentialEntryName.
- Enter tenantURL = <ByD tenant URL>
Now, you can able to execute the bot for this tenant.
scoped, unscoped, bot, windows credentials, BPA, Communication Arrangement , KBA , AP-ML-RPA-PRV , ByDesign - Robotics process Automation - Tenant Provisioning , Problem