- Translation of Instruction Text on the Additional Data Collection Step
- When the candidate switches the language during the Additional Data Collection step, the instruction text does not change language.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
- SAP SuccessFactors Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in as candidate
- Additional Onboarding Data Collection step
- Switch to the affected tab "Parking"
- You will see the text "Always, always salt the pasta water!"
- Now switch the candidates system language and you will see that the text stays the same.
Custom MDF Object Field's values are not included in the Language Pack
We assume in this KBA you read this article "Onboarding – Additional Onboarding Data Collection UI Configurations"and know how to add instruction text.
This KBA covers a walkaround on translation of instruction text
- Navigate to Configure Object Definition > Select Object from the drop down.
- Search the custom MDF Object you would like to enter instruction text.
- Add a new custom Picklist field which will display the instruction text based on values in this Picklist.
- In this example we used ISOCountryList
- The Valid Value Source must be the Code of the Picklist you will use to pull the data.
- You can now add the custom field you will use for the instruction text, the Maximum Length depends on your business needs, Data type must be String.
- Ensure you set the visibility to Read Only as stated in the article Onboarding – Additional Onboarding Data Collection UI Configurations
- Save the Object.
- In the article the next step is to navigate to Manage Configuration UI
- We're going to add both those fields we configured on the custom Object by clicking Add field
- The properties of the instruction text field should match the article.
- We will additionally add our custom Picklist field
- Now the article states that we should add a rule in Manage UI Rules to display the instruction text.
- The translation would not work there so instead of add the rule there we create a Basic rule.
- Navigate to configure Business Rules.
- Create a Basic rule on the custom MDF object that has the instruction field.
- In this example we used the country field to determine what language should display.
- Save the rule.
- Navigate to Configure Object Definition.
- Find the Object with the instruction text field.
- On the custom Picklist field, add the rule you configured to display the text.
- Save and you can go ahead and test.
Note: These are custom configuration which are out of scope for support. Any issues you may face with the config must be resolved by the Implementation Partner.
Instruction, Text, Custom, Data, Collection, CDC, Translation, SF, PLT, EC, Onboarding, Locale, Language , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-CDC , Custom Data Collection , Problem