The system crashes when trying to delete employee from project task.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Go to Projects view.
- Search for ABC (ABC is the Project's ID).
- Click in Edit button.
- Select task ABC-N (N is the number of the task).
- Navigate to Work subtab.
- Select team member XYZ (XYZ is the team member).
- Click in Delete button.
This scenario is a system limitation which can be corrected by following the workaround.
There is a workaround for this scenario:
- Add employee XYZ as Team Member under Team Members tab.
- Then try to delete XYZ from Team Members. It will prompt for "If the team member has any assignment(s), it will also be deleted. Would you like to continue?", click Ok and then save the project. Ideally, it should also delete XYZ's name from the Work tab.
Second option (in case the first one does not work):
- Add employee XYZ as team member under Team Members tab.
- Go to the work tab of task ABC-N and delete the entry for employee XYZ.
- Go to the Team Members tab again.
- Delete XYZ's name.
- Save the project.
Dump; Employee; Project Task; Team Members; system crash , KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To
SAP Business ByDesign all versions