You have created a sales order with several lines, the order was delivered and invoiced. You find the line sequence in the invoice is different than the sales order. For example, the last line in the sales order is the first line in the customer invoice.
You expect the lines keep the same sequence in sales order and customer invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Open the sales order ABC, in Items tab, you can see the product 123 is on last line.
- Go to the Document Flow tab, open the invoice DEF. You can see the product 123 is on the first line.
(ABC, DEF represent the sales order ID, 123 represents the product ID)
In this case, the product 123 is with item type "Expense - fixed price without actuals". This type is invoiced via sales order invoice request.
When invoicing the order, system combined 2 invoice requests.
1. Sales Order Invoice Request ABC, for the expense item. and
2, Outbound Delivery Invoice Request XYZ for the other produce-delivery based items.
The line in Sales Order Invoice Request was firstly determined then the lines in the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request. So the last line for expense item in the sales order presents as the first line in the customer invoice.
This is the correct system behavior.
Sales Order; Customer Invoice; Line sequence , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , Problem