When you trying to forward transport requests from QA to PROD queue, the 'Forward' button is greyed out.
SAP BTP/ Cloud Transport Management
Reproducing the Issue
Forward Mode is selected when creating Transport Nodes.
Cloud Transport Management service has an automatic cleanup mechanism. The cleanup mechanism runs on a daily basis. All uploaded files in transport requests are automatically deleted after a specific retention time.
The Manual forwarding function is available in an import queue, if the following prerequisites are fulfilled:
- The transport request that you want to forward is in one of the statuses Succeeded, Warning, or Error.
- The archive that is part of the transport request to be forwarded hasn´t been deleted. The default retention period depends on the service plan that you use for SAP Cloud Transport Management.
For more information, see Background Information: Storage Capacity.
Note: There is no restore option for the deleted content. You need to export the content again.
There are different strategies for different scenarios.
1) If you use the "Manual" mode for the forwarding policy, you should be sure that your transport requests will be forwarded inside this time frame. For the "Auto-forwarding" mode, the transport requests will be forwarded automatically to the next import queue. Your transport administrator can "block" imports in next node until you are sure to proceed.
2) TMS internally has a possibility to extend the retention time, but this is not yet available in the TMS UI. You can request to extend it, but please be sure that your stored data (files) don't reach your Total Capacity.
3) A trick - have a logical node (without any destination) where your transport requests are forwarded to, but never imported (they are always in the "importable" state). In this case TMS would not archive these transport requests and would not delete their stored data.
Background Information: Storage Capacity
Create Transport Nodes
forward, forward button, greyed out, greyed, grey out , KBA , BC-CP-LCM-TMS , SAP Cloud Transport Management service , Problem