- We enabled SSL in the SAP ASE server.
- The ADO.NET application is working fine using a non-SSL port.
- This application's connection to the ASE server fails with the following error when it uses an SSL port:
Sybase.Data.AseClient.AseException, Message: Bad TDS response stream received from server. Expected response but got none!
- The app connection fails only when one specific view is accessed using the SSL port. No issues with accessing other views.
- The app connection doesn't fail if "SELECT * from <view>" returns a limited result set with 200 rows or less, and it fails when all 6,000 rows are returned.
- Tracing with the "protocolcapture=c:/sap/adocap" property added to the application's connection string shows the same error:
>>>>> Exception caught while dumping a token: java.io.EOFException
Error processing TDS. Attempting to skip.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP04 PL02
- SAP Sybase Software Developer Kit (SDK) for ASE 15.7 SP121
- Adaptive Server Enterprise ADO.NET Data Provider 4.157.1212.0
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0 ; Sybase SDK 15.7
upgrade, EOL, EOMM, timing, driver , KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.