The system allows you to assign the PRS of Product <ABC> to the iStock of Product <PQR>. ABC and PQR are sample product IDs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Planning and Production Master Data.
- Navigate to the Common Tasks view and choose the option New Identified Stock.
- In the field Product, enter the product id - <PQR>, enter an expiration date.
- In the field Product Specification, enter the product specification ID and choose to Save the document.
- Choose the button Change Status and select the option Activate.
- The document is activated without any errors.
The PRS Id is a product specification assigned to the product <ABC> and the system still allows identified stock of <PQR> to have the PRS assigned to it.
PRS has two use cases:
- Specifying a product variant.
Especially in the make to order scenario it can happen that the PRS of a finished product is inherited to an assembly or a component during MRP planning. In those cases it could happen that you need to create an istock for that assembly or component for a PRS(product specification) that was assigned to the finished product.
This is the reason why the system allows the above scenario without errors.
The system is working as designed.
PRS error, product specification error, wrong assignment of product specification, wrongly assigned prs, product specification assign error, istock prs error , KBA , prs error , istock prs error , product specification assign error , wrongly assigned prs , AP-PRD-IS , Identified Stock , Problem