"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
You notice that, for some inbound e-mails that are sent and linked to existing tickets or that create a new ticket, the Sender column is empty, although the sender has a valid e-mail address.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Service work center.
- Navigate to Tickets work center view.
- Open any ticket.
- Navigate to Interactions tab.
- See the Sender column is empty.
This is the system designed behavior.
If no business partner is found for the sender email address, the party name (Sender column) will be empty.
If any valid business partner is found, party name will be available and same will be filled for sender column.
In case you would like to have at all times a way to identify the sender, the current workaround is to create a separate column as an Extension Field (KUT Field), which can fetch the e-mail address of the sender, even for cases where the party name (Sender) is not found in the system. It is important to highlight that it will fetch the e-mail address, not the sender name.
To create the extension field, you can follow the steps below:
1. Access the Adaptation Mode.
2. Select the Interactions column section, click Add and Field.
3. On the Extension Fields pop-up, click Create Fields.
4. On the New Field pop-up, add the following highlighted details (you can adjust the Label as per your business requirements), and click Save and Close.
Important: The Calculation Rule will use E-Mail (EmailURI - MessageFromParty).
5. On the Extension Fields list, search for the recently created field, select it and click Apply.
Now, whenever a new e-mail arrives and it is converted to a ticket or added to an existing ticket, the sender e-mail address will be displayed in this column.
Please notice that it will only display the sender e-mail address for new e-mails that arrive in the system, not for the existing ones.
Sender, E-mail, Email, Interactions, Inbound, Address, Email Address, Sender Address, Ticket, Service Request, B2B, B2C, Channel, Column, Party Name, KUT, KUT Field, Extension, Extension Field, Workaround, SAP Cloud for Customer, C4C, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SC-EML , Email , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To