The customer was not able to find the "Basic Import" option in the Entity dropdown in Import Employee Data.
- Missing the entity "Basic Import":
- Not missing the entity "Basic Import":
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Open "Import Employee Data";
- Select "Import Data" in the action that you want to perform;
- Click in "Select an Entity";
- You will not be able to find the "Basic Import" option.
- You can now use Role-Based Permissions to manage access to Basic User Import in Employee Central-enabled instances.
- A new option "Enable Control on Basic User Import in Role-Based Permissions” is available in "Manage Employee Central Settings".
- When you enable this option, only users who are granted with the Basic User Import permission can perform basic import.
The customer needs to provide the same permission to the "role permission" in the production instance to the other "role" in the development and test instance.
Please follow the steps below:
- Go to "Manage Permission Roles";
- Select the role that you want to provide the permission;
- Select "Permissions";
- Select "Employee Central Import Settings";
- Now you need to select the box for "Import Employee Data".
KBA 2859213 - Support RBP permission control on Basic User Import for Employee Central Enabled Instances
User Basic , Import , entity , missing , Import Employee Data , Employee Central , Basic Import , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , How To