You are facing an issue with bank where they cannot process the payment file (SEPA).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Outbound Files subview.
- Select All Outbound Files in the dropdown field.
- Search for File ID: XYZ (XYZ represents the file ID).
- Click View All.
- Download the Document file XML in the Attachment tab.
- You will see in the XML file the following tag:
(ABC represents the data between the tag <AdrLine> and </AdrLine>
When you try to upload the file in the bank system, the bank reports the following error:
The length of the value 'ABC' value '70' of the type definition 'AT_Max70Text'.
Based on the SEPA specification, the tag <AdrLine> has field length of 70 characters. But in our system, this exceeds this limit due to its data type.
That's why you are receiving the error message from bank that the bank is not able to process the file.
As the field length is limited to 70 characters, you need to adjust the address details in the limited length.
SEPA; <AdrLine>; 70; length; Payment File; XML , KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To