When trying to create cost estimate (CK11N), you receive the error KW407 "No prices could be determined for object &&&&&".
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to app "Create Material Cost Estimate" (CK11N);
- Enter the Material, Plant and Costing Variant;
- Check the error in the logs.
When costing a material, the valuation variant maintained in the costing variant searches for the strategy sequence defined. If the strategy sequence cannot be fulfilled, then the error message KW407 is received in the logs.
- Go to your CBC System or Manage Your Solution;
- Search for SSCUI / Configuration Activity "Define Costing Variants";
- Enter the Costing Variant and then the Valuation Variant;
- Check the Strategy Sequence used under Activity tab;
Important: Be sure to check if you have maintained a plant specific valuation variant for the specific plant, since this one will have a higher priority. It's maintained in SSCUI / Configuration Activity "Define Valuation Variants per Plant".
3273756 - Wrong Material Valuation Taken for Cost Estimate
KW407, Costing Variant, Material Valuation, Price could not be determined, Strategy Sequence , KBA , CO-PC-PCP-2CL , Product Cost Planning (Public Cloud) , CO-PC-PCP , Product Cost Planning , Problem