How to Enable feature Data Inspector
The Data Inspector tool is designed for professional user to check raw data for troubleshooting purpose
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Since the Data Inspector is base on OData API, so we need to enable OData in provisioning:
- Make sure the "Disable OData API" is unchecked
NOTE: As a customer, you don't have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you're no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support.
As a customer, you don't have access to Provisioning. To complete tasks in Provisioning, contact your implementation partner. If you're no longer working with an implementation partner, contact SAP Cloud Support.
Customer must provide a written approval for task : Disable OData API" is unchecked
Step 2: RBP Permissions for OData Metadata
Make sure the following 2 OData metadata released permissions have been assigned:
- Go to: Manage Integration Tools
- Access to OData API Metadata Refresh and Export
- Access to OData API Data Dictionary
(Optional) Refresh the OData API Metadata
Refresh the OData API Metadata in Admin Center.
The OData API Metadata refresh will be executed by background job periodically. Well in case we cannot see the latest metadata, we can trigger it manually from here.
Using OData InspectorPermission for OData Inspector: 2589774 - MDF Object Definition to DB Sync or Refresh Metadata Cache
Assign the Data Inspector permission to a role:
- Go to: Manage System Properties
- Data Inspector
Check Data in Data Inspector
After permission assignment, we can find it in Admin Center:
Example For Employee Central
- Go to Tool Search --> Data Inspector
- Select one of: Table_EMP_EMPLOYMENT_INFO
- Or Table_USERS_SYSINFO // Table_EMP_EMPLOYMENT_INFO // Table_EMP_EMPLOYMENT_INFO_AUD // Table_EMP_JOB_INFO_T // Table_EMP_JOB_INFO_T // Table_WF_REQUEST/ Table_PER_PERSON
Users Sys ID =
In the Data Inspector:
- Entity: Choose the Entity we want to check. It could be a table, or system info.
- Filter Criteria: We can filter the data based on conditions, like: Equals, Doesn't Equal, Contains, Greater Than, Less Than, etc.
- Data Table
The data will be shown in pages. In the following screen shot, it shows the first page containing 200 records.
We can download the data to local computer.
3058601 - How To Check Soft Purge or (Hard or Permanent Purge ) User
Data Inspector , Disable OData API, Refresh the OData API Metadata in Admin Center , Manage Integration Tools, Access to OData API Metadata Refresh and Export, Access to OData API Data Dictionary , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-ADM , Admin Tools (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , How To