Error is displayed in Check action in purchase order handling: 'Item AAA: No period defined for date DD.MM.YYYY in fiscal year'
AAA means the purchase order line item.
DD.MM.YYYY means the purchase order line item Delivery Date.
SAP Business ByDesign 2302
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Open the respective Purchase Order.
- Click Edit.
- Click Check.
- Error is displayed:
'Item AAA: No period defined for date DD.MM.YYYY in fiscal year'
Remark: the same error might also be displayed while creating a New PO Acknowledgment, then changing the Delivery Date to a future date and clicking Accept Deviation.
The error comes because a year-specific fiscal year variant is being used for respective Company and Set of Books and the respective fiscal year in which DD.MM.YYYY date is included has not been maintained. With non-year-specific variants, the system has a "best guess" based on following the months of the year, but year-specific could have a period that starts in March and ends in April - we can't derive future years based on what exists because it could be changing each year.
- To "post" the purchase orders and acknowledgments without this error appearing was previously possible in the system. From the SRM side, everything seemed to have gone fine, but in the background, the communication sending this purchase order to Financials had actually failed due to the year not being present. So in reality, this issue was always there, with the introduction of this error on the Purchase Order directly, we are stopping this at source.
- An additional validation for the error message is planned to be implemented. This will consist in checking the scoping question for Financial Forecast "Do you want to use financial forecast for procurement?". If the question is scoped and a year-specific fiscal year variant is used (with respective fiscal year not maintained), then only the error will be displayed. This is planned for a future release of SAP Business ByDesign.
- If there are more items with the same error, you need to edit all item's Delivery Dates before clicking in Send Update button in the Purchase Order. Otherwise the system will not accept the change in each item.
So because you have the fiscal year variant as year-specific, this error gets raised as the year does not yet exist in the configuration. To solve the issue, you need to maintain the respective fiscal year.
po; delivery date; fiscal year; year-specific; fyv; financial forecast , KBA , AP-ACC-PUR , Purchase Ledger Account , How To