- A new SAC user's DISPLAY NAME with Last Name First Name order is changed to First Name Last Name order after activate the user account.
- It's useless to set the Display Name when add an SAC user as it will be replaced by IDP when activate the user account.
- SAC users can change the display name by the steps in 3167291 How to change the "Display Name" 'First Name" or 'Last Name"
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2023.2.11
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a user with FIRST NAME: FIRST, LAST NAME: LAST, DISPLAY NAME: "LAST FIRST" in SAC.
- Get the welcome email and click the Activate Account from the email.
- In the Activate Your Account page of IDP, confirm the First Name and Last Name and Set Password, then click Save button.
- In the IDP Profile page, the Display Name of IDP is set to "FIRST LAST".
- The Display Name in SAC is changed to "FIRST LAST" too.
SAC users are managed in IDP. When activate an SAC user account, you will be redirected to IDP profile setting page, and there is no Display Name setting in the Activate Your Account page. The Display Name added in SAC user list does not work as the Display Name will be generated automatically in IDP with First Name and Last Name.
If a user was deleted from SAC but it is existing in IDP, then when you try to add the user in SAC again, you can skip the Activate Account step and click the Forgot password in the logon page. The Display Name in SAC will not be changed with this Reset Your Password step.
This is by design.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud Connection Guide
- Getting Started with SAP Analytics Cloud Expert Community page
- SAP Analytics Cloud Get More Help and SAP Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, sap analyst cloud, https://hcs.cloud.sap, https://hanacloudservices.cloud.sap, https://cloudanalytics.accounts.ondemand.com, https://hanacloudservices-us.accounts.ondemand.com, https://www.sap.com, https://help.sap.com, predictive analytics (analysis), data analysis (analytics) tools, analytics tools, sap analytics cloud, data literacy, advanced analytics, data democratization, analytics software, real time analytics, self service analytics, advanced data analytics, analytics as a service, analytics cloud / cloud analytics, saas analytics, cloud bi, enterprise planning, cloud data analytics, cloud based analytics, analytics cloud platform, modern analytics, real time analysis, cloud analytics solution(s), what is sap analytics cloud, cloud analytics tools, analytics in the cloud, cloud analytics software epm, business intelligence, , KBA , LOD-ANA-AUT , SAC Authentication / Login , How To