A gap record that cannot be updated or deleted is being created in Address Information block when there is a business rule that validates and updates records' effective date.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Address Information block;
- Click "Edit";
- Add the current date, e.g. 03/23/23 as the affective date;
- Change anything in the block;
- Hit Save;
- See a warning message being displayed about the block's effective date being updated to a date in the future (caused by business rule), e.g. 01/04/23;
- Hit "Proceed" see a new record is created effective of "01/04/23", as the warning advised but also see that another record effective of 03/23/23 (which is the date that was initially set) was created but it is completely blank. It does not allow you to delete or edit it. Last, as the new record's effective date is in the future, when on 'View Mode' the block shows "No Data".
Changing the start date using business rules is causing the issue here.
Engineering Team is working on a fix for this as part of ECT-217772 and are planning to deliver that on 2H 2023. However, these dates are not yet confirmed. This article will be updated once ETA is confirmed.
In the interim, please consider disabling the rule which changes the start-date to avoid further data corruption, and if you already know which date has to be entered, please create a rule to raise a validation message with the expected date on the message, advising the user to change the date as per the organization expectation.
Centralized Services, Gap, Blank Record, No Data, Address Information, Record, History, Business Rule, Effective Date, ECT-217772 , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER-ADR , Home Adress - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , Problem