An expense report created for an employee based in Canada is not posted to accounting (no journal entry created) due to a Process Communication Error showing up in Document Flow tab.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Travel and Expenses work center.
- Go to the Expense Reports view.
- Find expense report ID AAA (AAA means the expense report ID) that has status Released for Reimbursement.
- Click Edit.
- Go to the Document Flow tab.
- Notice that there's a red and white icon with an exclamation mark for the expense report: Click it.
- Error is displayed:
"The following errors have been addressed to your service provider:
- Expense Report AAA cannot create a Business Transaction (For Accounting)
Once your service provider has solved the errors, the system closes the errors and restarts the processes automatically."
The tax code '200 - GST Imported Goods and Services (Supplier Invoice)' has been used along with other tax code for a single expense item within the expense report.
The usage of tax code 200 in an expense report along with other tax codes in 'Add Additional Tax Details' is not allowed. This should not be used as it's not a valid scenario as per confirmation from Canada LPM (Local Product Manager).
The solution here is to not use tax code 200 with any other tax code. If you need to use it, it should be used alone for any expense type.
Please cancel expense report ID AAA and create a new one with correct tax codes.
Canada; pce; process communication error; tax code; add additional tax details , KBA , AP-ERM-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , How To