Exception in Supplier Invoice is preventing the posting of the document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Search for ABC (ABC is the Supplier Invoice's ID).
- Click in Edit button.
- Navigate to Exceptions tab.
- See the error:
Posting of invoice not possible due to error in financial accounting ; Account determination is missing for item type Exchange Rate Differences: Tax Postings general. Specify account determination in chart of accounts <XYZ> and account determination profile <PQR>. Column Path Tax->Differences->Differences from Exchange Rate Fluctuat..., Item Type Exchange Rate Differences: Tax Postings general.
XYZ means Chart of Accounts.
PQR means Account Determination Profile.
The G/L Accounts are not maintained in activity 'Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination'.
The steps to maintain the activity correctly are listed below:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Select the activity 'Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination'.
- Click in Change Immediately button.
- In the Account Determination area, click in Tax.
- Select Account Determination Profile PQR.
- Open the Differences tab.
- Maintain a G/L Account for Differences from Exchange Rate Fluctuation.
Exception; Supplier invoice; Account determination; G/L account; Exchange Rate , KBA , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , AP-ACC , Business ByDesign: Financial Accounting , How To