In common task New Replenishment, you find the default UoM of field Replenishment Quantity is UoM_X, but you expect it should be UoM_Y.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Internal Logistics.
- Access common task New Replenishment.
- Enter LOA_X (LOA_X represents logistics area ID) in filter Logistics Area ID, click Go.
- In the below result, for product ABC (ABC represents product ID), Replenishment Quantity uses UoM_X (UoM_X represents UoM name) by default.
- In the below select sub tab Forecasted Documents, UoM_X is used for all quantities.
- However, in the master data of product ABC, though UoM_X is Base UoM and Inventory Valuation UoM, UoM_Y (UoM_Y represents UoM name) is set as Planning UoM and the quantity conversion has been maintained for the two UoMs.
- Go to work center Supply Chain Design Master Data, access view Locations, find corresponding site, click Edit Layout, select logistics area LOA_X, in the below select tab Replenishment and Removal Rules, select sub tab Replenishment, there is a rule for which UoM_Y is used.
You wonder why UoM_X instead of UoM_Y is the default UoM of field Replenishment Quantity for product ABC in logistics area LOA_X in common task New Replenishment.
The Inventory Valuation UoM in material master data will be used as the default UoM of Replenishment Quantity in common task New Replenishment.
In your case, for product ABC, Inventory Valuation UoM is UoM_X, hence in common task New Replenishment, UoM_X is the default UoM of Replenishment Quantity for this product.
System works as designed.
UoM, New Replenishment, Replenishment Quantity , KBA , AP-IP-INV , Inventory , Problem