- In LTL mode, rep agent goes down with an invalid login message as below:
server Started Rep Agent on database, '<PDB>' (dbid = x).
server RepAgent(5): Received the following error message from the Replication Server: Msg 14021. Invalid login attempted by user 'xxx_ra'.
server RepAgent(5): Received the following communications error message: Msg 0401042C: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error: The attempt to connect to the server failed..
- But in CI mode only the following message is reported for an invalid login and would need more specific info：
server RepAgent(14): The Rep Agent Thread will retry the connection to the Replication Server every 60 second(s). (RepSvr = <RS_host_name>:<RS_port>).
- Enhancement is added in SRS new version to report error 14021 as well in CI mdoe.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 with Always-on Option (HADR)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 with High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) for Business Suite
CR827383, CR#827383, 827383, error message 14021 , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , BC-SYB-REP-ME , Replication Server Messaging Edition (RSME) , BC-SYB-REP-RSO , Rep Server Options (RSO) , BC-SYB-REP-RTL , Rep Server Real-Time Loading Edition (RTLE) , BC-SYB-REP-HET , Replication Server Heterogeneous Edition (RSHE) , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.