- There are multiple Time Management Recalculation Event's (TMRE) in Manage Data
- A TMRE was created but it's stuck in status To be processed although Immediate Recalculation is configured
- The following error occurs when I update the Earliest Possible Recalculation Date in Manage Data > Time Management Configuration: You cannot change the "Earliest Possible Recalculation Date" because open recalculations exist before the date you have specified.
- Recalculation job is failing
- A TMRE was created but it's in status Completed with errors
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a TMRE
- Check Manage Data > Time Management Recalculation Event
- See that the TMRE you have created is in the in status To be processed
- Make a change to an employee's time information
- Recalculation should happen after a few moments, but no changes occur
An employee has a Time Alert maintained in their Administer Time Workbench.
There is a high volume of Time Alerts maintained on the system.
Check the Time Alerts Tab in the employee's Administer Time Workbench. If there is a Time Alert maintained, follow the information in the alert message and trigger recalculation again.
Go to Admin Alert. In the dropdown, check for Time Management related alerts such as Recalculate Accruals, Recalculate Time Sheets and Recalculate Absences. If there are alerts maintained here, they need to be actioned.
To action or clean up the alerts, you need to review the alert message and follow the information in the message. Once you have actioned the message, trigger the recalculation from either;
- The employee's workbench: Administer Time > Time Alerts > View Actions. Or,
- Admin Center: Admin Alerts > Admin Alert Type > select relevant alerts > Action > Recalculate
If the recalculation is successful, the associated TMRE will no longer appear in Manage Date.
Currently there is no feature to automatically correct the alerts, so they need to be manually checked, actioned and monitored by the customer.
SAP recommend regular checks of the Admin Alerts for Time Management ensuring there are no alerts maintained, as a high volume of alerts could lead to inconsistent or undesired behaviours on the instance.
If your system has 100's of Time Alerts, you can export the Time Management Recalculation Event, or Time Management Alerts in Import and Export Data, filter by the error, and review. In some cases, one configuration change can correct 100 alerts.
Resolutions for some common Time Alerts which can occur are explained in the below KBA's:
- 2766953 - No Main Attendance Time type Is Assigned To Your Time Profile
- 2341096 - Accrual Posting When Terminated And Then Rehired Within The Same Accrual Period
As for the error when changing the Earliest Possible Recalculation Date, you need to follow the above steps, removing old Time Alerts before you can change the date.
Also see the below KBA's for other causes of recalculation issues:
Time Management Recalculation Event, TMRE, Recalculation, Recalculate, Fails, Failed, Time Alerts, Admin Alerts, Absences, Accruals, Time Sheet, The Accruals of User are not processed automatically anymore because they were unsuccessfully recalculated 3 times, The user is being terminated and rehired in the accrual period. This scenario is not supportCurred. Please create an accrual manually, is detected as possible LONG_RUNNING abusive job, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-REC , Recalculation , LOD-SF-EC-TMS-REC , Recalculation , How To