You create a VAT Return Run ABC for Company DEF of Tax Type GSTR-1 or GSTR-2, for a specific period (E.g. From 01.03.2023 to 31.03.2023). In the created VAT Return GHI, you notice that one or more Invoices have Acceptance Status as "2 - Rejected".
You expect these Invoices to be present in a subsequent period (E.g. From 01.04.2023 to 31.04.2023) VAT Return Run of Tax Type GSTR-1 or GSTR-2 for Company ABC. But when you check the created VAT Return, they are not. (ABC, DEF and GHI stands for the VAT Return Run, Company and VAT Return IDs).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Tax Management work center.
- Open VAT Return Runs View.
- Click on the row of Run ID DEF.
- In below Details section, click on the dropdown and choose All Logs.
- Click on Tax Return GHI.
- In VAT Return GHI, go to Tax Return tab.
- Here you notice that for one or more Invoices, Acceptance Status shows "2 - Rejected".
Then you execute a VAT Return Run with the same settings for the next period and you repeat the process above, but in the newly created VAT return, you don't see the Invoices that were rejected in the previous VAT Return.
This is expected system behavior.
When you execute a VAT Return Run of Tax Type GSTR-3 for Company DEF, it will include all documents posted for a period regardless of the Status of the Items in GSTR-1 or GSTR-2.
GSTR, VAT, India, Rejected , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To