You have terminated an employee via Import and noticed that, under their Time Account tab in the Workbench (Administer Time), there's a Recalculation posting.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
You have made a few checks that would explain the recalculation and none of them would configure it, such as:
- The Time Management Configuration object 'TIME_CONFIGURATION' has the Schedule Immediate Recalculation set to 'Never';
- There is no Time Management Termination End Handling configured;
- The Guide article How Recalculation is Triggered | SAP Help Portal says that 'Changes done via termination import do not automatically trigger a recalculation. You can create a Time Management Recalculation Event for this user manually.';
- The Guide article Support for Termination Triggers | SAP Help Portal says that 'Terminations done through the Termination Import aren‘t supported.';
- You have not triggered a manual Recalculation for this employee.
This is expected behavior, due to no termination rule being set up in the Time Account Type.
Besides posting a negative balance in the employees Time Account, if you do not set up a termination rule in the Time Account Type, a Recalculation posting will be created, as explained in the Help Text (question mark) next to the 'Termination Rule' field, as shown below:
If you do not want this behavior to occur, you can set the same accrual rule under the 'Termination Rule' field.
termination, recalculation, termination on recalculation, time account type, termination rule, time off, recalculation trigger , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-REC , Recalculation , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-UI , Team Absence Calender/ Workbench/ ESS UI's , LOD-SF-EC-TIM-TA , Time Accounts (TAT, TA, TAD) , Problem