In a system language XYZ is maintained as the default script language setting (where XYZ represents the language). To migrate employee data, the migration template provided by SAP is used. But after the import simulation, the following error message appears:
Address ABC already has a node POSTAL_ADDRESS for address representation code (where ABC represents an internal backend address reference).
This error appears although there is no duplicate record and the employee is not yet existing with this address in the system
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview
- Select Migration of Employee Data - XYZ
- Select Migrate basic employee data using the migration tool
- Select the uploaded file
- Execute Migration - Step by Step
- Perform Simulation
- Find errors of the following type:
- Address ABC already has a node POSTAL_ADDRESS for address representation code
- No overlapping of validities allowed
In the import file, the default script language XYZ is maintained in General tab and also in other tabs. This is causing duplicate entries.
- Always ensure that default script code XYZ is used in General tab only.
- In the Script Variant tab or Workplace Address tab, maintain data related to scripts other than XYZ
Address already has a node POSTAL_ADDRESS for address representation code, script is activated, default script language setting , KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , Problem