You created a Purchase Order with item type To-Stock and after a change you see that the Status has change to In Approval.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select Purchase Orders view.
- Search for the relevant document.
See that the document was sent for approval again.
When there is change on the Purchase Order Acknowledgement, then system would check your settings in Business Configuration activity "Automatic Accept Deviation on Purchase Order Acknowledgement". If the change meets your criteria, then system would automatically accept the deviation and update Purchase Order. If not meet the criteria, then system would request that the user manually accept or reject then change.
Once the deviation be accepted, Purchase Order values would be updated.
If in your system, Purchase Order header re-approval is in scope, and the changed Purchase Order meets the condition defined in PO approval process, then approval would be triggered.
If you want to remove the header re-approval, please follow the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Project.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- Click on Next until step 4 - Questions.
- Click on Purchasing dropdown.
- Expand Purchase Request and Order Management.
- Select Purchase Orders.
- Under the Group Purchase Order Approvals select the scoping question "Do you want to use the header re-approval process for purchase orders?".
See that the question is In Scope, but there is a note on Overview that said: "Note: Re-approval is valid only for purchase orders with only non-stock and direct process types."
This note will be updated in a future release, because currently all Purchase Orders are submitted for re-approval at header level, so to prevent this please remove this question from scope and save the change in the Implementation Project.
Purchase Order, Approval Process, To-Stock, Header re-approval , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To