It is expected to restrict edit access to Employee Time from Time Sheet Workflow Request.
Currently, it is possible to edit Employee Time from the Time Sheet Workflow Request.
There is the Edit button for Employee Time.
And you can change the contents of Employee Time after clicking on the Edit button.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Sheet
- SAP SuccessFactors Time Tracking
Please configure via target population for Employee Time object. Steps below can be referred to.
- Navigate to Manage Permission Roles.
- Select the relevant Permission Role.
- Scroll down to section of '3. Grant this role to...'
- Click on 'Edit Granting' under Action.
- Scroll to section of '3: Specify the target population for the other objects.'
- Find Employee Time and select the radio button of 'Restrict target population to:'.
- Set the target as Time Type.Classification = Absence like below.
- Save Changes
After above target population setting to Employee Time is done, it is no longer possible to edit Employee Time from Time Sheet Workflow Request. You will still be able to see the Employee Time from Time Sheet Workflow Request, but you will get error message like below if you attempt to navigate to its details.
It is NOT recommended to have field level overrides permission set to a Required field! It may lead to unexpected negative outcomes.
The employeeTime field is a Required field of Employee Time Sheet Entry object, so it is NOT recommended to have field level overrides permission setting on it at all. Instead, please use target population configuration on Employee Time object as explained above.
workflow, item, employeetime, employee, time, sheet, entry, ttr, tms, rbp, permission, target, population , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , LOD-SF-TTR , Time Tracking , How To