The Tax Payment Deferred checkbox is not automatically selected in a customer invoice where the Company and Tax Authority are from France but the customer account is based in other European country.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Open the respective customer invoice.
- Move to Items tab, Taxes subtab.
- Under Tax Details section, notice that the Tax Payment Deferred checkbox is not marked.
In the present example, the Company and Tax Authority from the customer invoice are based in France.
The customer account is based in another European country, for example, Denmark. In such occasion, the tax decision tree determined tax code 530 - EU Sales - Services, Reverse Charge.
- For the tax authority, the Authorization to Defer Tax checkbox has been marked in the Company Tax Arrangement, for the French company from the invoice.
- In fine tuning activity Tax on Goods and Services - France, the Deferred Tax "True" has been maintained for respective business scenario, country/region, tax type and product type.
For customer invoices where the company is in France but the customer account is not France-based (for example, is based in Denmark), the Tax Payment Deferred checkbox will not be automatically marked.
The checkbox will only be automatically marked if both the Company/Tax Authority and customer account are based in France.
System behaves as designed.
Help Portal: Tax Deferral for Customer Invoicing
KBA: 1834325 - Tax Payment Deferred Checkbox Is Not Selected in Customer Invoice
Tax Payment Deferred; FR; France; authorization to defer tax; deferred tax , KBA , SRD-FIN-GLO-TAX , GLO - Tax Declaration , How To