- How to successfully install Crystal Reports?
- What are the best practices for installing Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- To successfully install Crystal Reports:
- Download the right version of Crystal Reports.
- Extract the installation package on the local computer.
- Disable the Antivirus software temporarily.
- Ensure port 4520 is open, if you have a Firewall.
- Ensure there is enough disk space to install Crystal Reports.
- Get the Installation keycode for Crystal Reports.
- Install Crystal Reports as an Administrator of the local computer.
- Download the version of Crystal Reports that match the version of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, or SAP Crystal Server you are using, including the Support Pack and Patch.
- To know the version of Crystal Reports that correspond to the version of SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, see: 1968027
- If you are not opening and saving reports on SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform, then download the latest Support Pack for the version of Crystal Reports you purchased.
- To download Crystal Reports, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1291961
- If you already have an Installation Package, and do not know what version it correspond to, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2978825
- Important Note: If you have other SAP BusinessObjects software installed on the same computer, ensure all the software are updated to the same version and Support Pack.
- If you run the installation from the archived package, it will cause a "Blocked port" error.
- Copy the installation package to the local hard drive to avoid any networking issues.
- Antivirus software can interefere with a software installation and causes issues, this is why it is always best to disable it whenever possible.
- Crystal Reports installation requires open port 4520. If the port is blocked it will generate errors like:
"Fatal Error : At least one port in the range 4520 - 4539 must be open for the installation to proceed..." or "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!"
For more details, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1864841
- If you are not sure you have enough disk space, run a "Custom" installation with the minimum components. The non-mandatory components can be added at any time.
- To obtain your license key / keycode, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 2606876
- If you are not sure about the validity of the license key, get a temporary key from the SAP Support Portal: 1288121
- Tips: During the installation, copy and paste the license key, or type it in Uppercase, and remove dashes.
- Login to your computer as the Local Computer ADMINISTRATOR, if possible.
- On the latest versions of MS Windows, even if you are logged as the Local Administrator, you may not have all the rights to perform a successfull install. To install Crystal Reports as an Administrator:
1. Right-click the Crystal Reports setup.exe file.
2. Select "Run as Administrator"
Otherwise it may register the product in a Virtual store, and causes issues.
For more details, see the Microsoft Registry Virtualisation on Microsoft website.
- If you do not have access to an Administrator account:
- Right-click the setup.exe file.
- Select "Run as" then select the current user.
- Uncheck the option: "Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity".
- Installation Issues:
- Error: "Incomplete Operation Detected Installer has detected that a previous operation did not complete under another user. Program will exit"
Cause: This error occurs when there was a previous installations of SAP BusinessObjects software that failed.
Solution: Rename the folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData" to: "InstallDataOLD" and restart the installation.
- On MS Windows 8, Crystal Reports and other SAP BusinessObjects products are required to be installed on the "C" drive only.
- Crystal Reports 2016 Installation Guide
- Crystal Reports Installation Guided Answers
- 2795448 - Crystal Reports installation finished with dll registration errors
- 1636929 - Unable to install or launch Crystal Reports 2011 on a machine with CA Agent installed
- 1587982 - Crystal Reports 2011 The Product keycode is not valid. INS00140 Error
- 1857592 - BusinessObjects BI platform 4.0 pre-SP07 update slow
- 1868305 - Error "Failed to update cache for execution. Program will exit" while installing SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- 1936638 - Crystal Reports 2013 failed to install on Windows 7
- 2451830 - Windows Updates needed for Successful Installation of / Update to SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.2 SP04 / 4.1 SP10
- 1689645 - Error - "The Application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect” appears on launching Crystal Reports 2011
- 1991590 - The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect
- 1864841 - "Fatal Error : At least one port in the range 4520-4539 must be open for the installation to proceed" occurred while installing BI 4.0 client tools.
- 2507493 - Crystal Reports installation fails with Assertion failed error
- 2477140 - Assertion failed - Visual C++ Runtime Library error on installation of BI Add-ons
- 2485676 - Assertion failed error when attempting to uninstall previous Support Pack update or Patch post upgrade to BI 4.2 SP4 or BI 4.1 SP10
- 1691555 - Manually remove SAP BI 4.0/4.1/4.2 from Windows Server [How-To] [Video]
CR, install cr , KBA , biins , bpkba , sapbi , crystal , cr , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020